Product and Database Classification
Classifying all of the products in your inventory is tedious – yet it's critical for compliance and for effective import operations.
FedEx Trade Networks can help you classify your products and develop and maintain a product database for you – no matter how large your inventory. Our trade advisors will do whatever it takes to determine the correct classification number for the U.S., Canada and several other countries. We can even help you apply for a binding ruling with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). In addition, we can develop and maintain a comprehensive product database – specific to your inventory – with stock keeping unit (SKU) or inventory part numbers and descriptions as well as classification numbers for the U.S., Canada, and several other countries to which you export.
These services help you:
- Save money
- Improve efficiency
- Achieve regulatory compliance
As a result, you can:
- Identify the correct classification number and tariff description
- Reduce the risk of penalties and fees from incorrect classification
- Reduce shipment inspections and delays at the border
Our chemical classification services:
- Offer Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification rules for chemicals under Chapters 28, 29, 30 and 38 which are complex and require advanced chemistry knowledge.
- Provide HTS classification services for commercial chemical products, industrial chemicals, laboratory and diagnostic reagents, pharmaceuticals, certified reference materials and miscellaneous chemicals.
- Conduct careful analysis of the chemical product information provided as well as validate and review your existing chemical HTS numbers for accuracy.
*Please note that only a licensed Customs broker is permitted to make a definitive classification determination. FedEx Trade Networks Trade Services, Inc. is not acting as a licensed Customs broker, but can utilize the services of its sister company, FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, Inc.
Email FedEx Trade Networks today for more information on Trade & Customs Advisory Services.